Straits Metropolis Daily reported the day before the Putian high school entrance examination, 5 junior middle school students in the middle school were attending the nearby Fengshan community health service station in Licheng District. During the same period, a student parent bought 10 bottles of glucose water for the 5 students. Only after drinking water did they find that the glucose water had expired for half a year. The family leader hurriedly took the child to the hospital for examination. Fortunately, there was no obstacle, and the examinee took part in the mid-term examination normally.
Reporters yesterday learned that the Department of health and drug administration has gone to investigate, will punish the illegal behavior of the health service station, and the health service station has been included in the key monitoring object.
After drinking the glucose water, it was found that it was half a year overdue.
Mr. Zheng introduced his son to Zhuying middle school and took the entrance examination in June 25th. On the morning of 24, his son went to the community health service station in Licheng District near the school with his 4 students because of his bad throat. After learning the news, Mr. Zheng came to the health service station. Seeing that both his son and his classmates had cold and other symptoms, Mr. Zheng purchased 10 bottles of glucose water from the service station and gave it to his son and four classmates to drink on the spot.
Mr. Zheng told reporters that after the children opened the bottle and drank it, they found that the glucose water sold in the health service station had expired for half a year, which made Mr. Zheng very angry. "The child has been in the middle school for nine years, and if it is out of date, why should it be held responsible?" Mr. Zheng said that he had reported the situation to the health and drug control departments on the same day.
The health station apologized for the cashier's mistake.
Yesterday morning, reporters found no glucose water in the health service station. Ms. Lin, who is in charge of the service station, told reporters that 10 bottles of glucose water sold to Mr. Zheng on the 24th were packed and put on the ground for the nurses to deal with, but they were not labeled. Because there were more patients that day, when Mr. Zheng offered to buy glucose water, the nurse was too busy. The cashier took the place of going to the pharmacy to get glucose water.
"The cashier is a layman who doesn't know that the glucose water on the ground has expired." Ms. Lin said that the unwitting cashier mistakenly sold the expired glucose water to Mr. Zheng, which was the negligence of the staff. The service station immediately notified the students to come to exchange fresh glucose water and apologized to the parents.
"It must be a mistake for us to sell out-of-date products. We will deal with the staff." Ms. Lin said that after the mid-term examination, she would once again apologize to her parents and students.
Violations at health stations will be monitored
Reporters learned yesterday from the Putian food and drug administration, Chaco, 24 afternoon, after receiving complaints from the public, the Bureau went to investigate with the health department. An inspector, Mr. Huang, told reporters that no expired medicines were found in the health service station during the day's investigation. Subsequently, the glucose water purchased by Mr. Zheng was sealed up as evidence by the Inspection Section.
Yesterday morning, the reporters saw the sealed up expired glucose water in the inspection section, a total of 6 bottles, of which one bottle has been opened, and only a small amount of glucose water is left in the bottle. The bottle is marked prominently "valid until December 2012", so far it has expired for 6 months. Mr. Huang said that selling expired medicines was an act of selling inferior medicines and a violation of the regulations. It would be punished in accordance with the relevant provisions. At the same time, the service station has been listed as a key monitoring object.
Subsequently, the reporter learned from the Licheng District Health Bureau Health Supervision Institute that the Institute has intervened in the investigation.